South Africa Institutions supporting GRAPE:
- South African National Space Agency, Space Science Directorate in Hermanus, South Africa (https://research.sansa.org.za/).
- South African National Antarctic Programme
- South African Weather Services (Antarctic Weather monitoring programme)
- Several Universities in South Africa have Space Science programmes which make use of the data collected in collaboration with the GRAPE partners including the NorthWest University, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of Cape Town, Rhodes University.
- Ionospheric Scintillation
- GNSS observations used for geodesy and total electron content monitoring
- SuperDARN Radar observations
- VLF Observations
- Ozone Observations
- Magnetic field monitors
- Neutron monitors
Data collection/archive/data base
- Most of the data related to the above observations are archived by SANSA Space Science in Hermanus, and disseminated through its SANDIMS ((South African National Geophysical Data and Instrumentation Management System) data portal https://sandims.sansa.org.za/
- Some of the data are contributed to international data bases including SuperDARN, GLORIA (Riometer)
- The SuperDARN data is also archived and analysed by the University of Kwazulu-Natal in South Africa.